AERO Integrated Cable Routing System Headset
AERO Integrated Cable Routing System
Fully integrated cable routing for the best Aerodynamic, swift rotation and ultra smooth shifting performance. Compatible with 4 cables routing.
Integrated Stem and Handlebar Options
A neat and aerodynamic one-piece cockpit with no cables showing has become the norm. We tick that box with BLKTEC x TOKEN Cable Box system. But where we stand out is in a straightforward approach that will not be a headache to service and a comfortable handlebar profile no matter your hand position. Read more-
ROBIN EVO is currently one of the rare comprehensive buses equipped with a fully concealed internal cable routing system achieved through TOKEN®'s Cable Box system. Read more-
The Integrated Front-End routes wires and hoses through the bar, stem, and headset, where they’re secured using ENVE’s anti-rattle finishing kit – allowing them to remain silent, out of sight, and out of the wind. Read more-
Integrated Cable Routing System Installation Guide
1. Assemble Components to Frame:
Attach headset, stem, spacer, and fork to frame. Position bearing outer race chamfer towards headtube. Mark stem top, then mark a line 3mm below for cutting.
2. Cut Steerer Tube:Remove fork from frame. Cut steerer tube to marked length. Remove burrs from cut.
3. Front Brake Line:Thread brake line through fork exit hole. Route through fork leg. Pull to final caliper position. Don't reattach fork to frame yet.
4. Cable Routing:Route shifting cable housings and rear brake line through frame. Exit from top of head tube.
5. Positioning:Pull cables to final positions at derailleurs/caliper.
6.Reattach Fork:Remove fork from frame. Cut steerer tube to marked length. Remove burrs from cut.
7. Measure Cockpit Length:Add stem length and extra housing length.
8. Top Cover Routing:Pass housings/brake lines through headset top cover. Rear shifting, rear brake, front brake, front shifting order. Avoid tight turns for shifting housings.
9. Install Compression Ring:Place between top cover and upper bearing. Align correctly using "F mark".
10. Handlebar Routing:Route housings/brake lines through stem and handlebar. Keep separate upper and lower groups.
11. Complete Handlebar Setup:Install headset expander. Check handlebar movement for restrictions.
12. Position Shifters:Install shifters on handlebar. Confirm cutting marks on housings/lines.
13. Final Steps:Cut housings/brake lines to marked lengths. Proceed to adjust derailleurs and brakes.
|Headset Type|| Cable Box
|Steerer||1-1/8” – 1.5”|
|Top Cap Material||-|
|Crown Race Material||-|
IS52 / 28.6 l IS52 / 40
80 g / set
Titan Racing Bikes: The patented, Token Integrated Headset, uses a ‘Cable Box’ design to house the cables outside of the fork steerer tube but fully integrated into the frame.
WORDS: Myles Kelsey – Bike Network | LOCATION: Cape Town
Installed correctly, you won’t see anything on the outside, and you’ll still be able to turn the bar at least 90º in either direction. Look for BLKTEC stem and bar compatibility at first, with other brands likely to follow.
By Tyler Benedict -November 10, 2019, at Bikerumor